VISA Debit Cards
Stroud National Bank’s debit cards are EMV compliant with chip-enabled technology for an added layer of security. Because we take security of your financial accounts very seriously, we do our best to limit fraud exposure while ensuring the best possible customer card experience.
NOTE: The VISA Check Card is available only to checking account customers and is the property of Stroud National Bank. Application is subject to approval.
While we strive to keep your card working, there may be times that a transaction cannot be completed. Here are some possible reasons for a declined authorization:
- The transaction amount was greater than the Daily Purchase Limit or the total amount of transactions has exceeded the Daily Purchase Limit. There are separate daily limits for ATM Withdrawals and Purchase transactions.
- The transaction was flagged for fraud.
- There is an insufficient amount of money in the checking account to cover the amount of the transaction.
- An incorrect PIN has been entered.
- The address or zip code entered does not match what we have on file.
- Online or ‘keyed’ purchases may only be made with merchants inside the United States.
You may receive an email, text or phone call from our Fraud Department if a transaction is flagged for fraud. You will not be asked to give your account number or card number. You only need to verify that you are the person attempting the transaction. If you did not attempt the transaction, then reply to the email, text or phone call so further transactions can be blocked.
Notify us before you travel. We will put a note in your card file that will help explain out-of-the-ordinary card charges and help reduce the number of fraud alerts and declined transactions.
Out of Country Travel. Our check cards are accepted in most countries around the world. If you are traveling to Mexico, Canada or Italy, however, you will need to notify us before you leave to ensure uninterrupted usage.
Blocked Countries. Our check cards will not work in Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, China and South Africa.
Lost or Stolen Debit Card
If your Debit/ATM card is lost or stolen:
- Report the lost or stolen card to Stroud National Bank as soon as possible.
- Check your recent account history for any unauthorized transactions.
- Inform the bank of any unauthorized transactions.
- Re-order a new Debit/ATM card.
- Inform payees of your new debit card number and expiration date if you have established recurring payments.
If you debit card is lost or stolen, please contact us immediately.
During regular business hours:
Debit Text Alerts
Some notifications are more important than others. You will receive a text for every transaction that occurs on your debit card. You will be the first to know if someone else is using your card. Sign up for Guardian Text Alerts today to receive the messages you need to know about your money.